- Jaguar Association of Central Ohio Forum -

Usage

Jim Baker
Jaguar Association of Central Ohio *

forum user since 2003-11-14

Does anyone in the club use this forum or is it just here as a courtesy? Are club members the only ones who have access to this forum? I'd be interested to know

Usage

Thomas T. Kipp

forum user since 2004-09-03

I had no idea this was here either. Hey Jim, howzit goin?

Tom Kipp
89 XJ-S Coupe

Usage

Jim Baker

So far, so good. Looks like this could almost be our own private message board
JB

Usage

Thomas T. Kipp

Next Trafficator will mention it. C'mon gang. Making Jim and I all lonely here.

Tom Kipp
89 XJ-S Coupe

Usage

John McFadden

forum user since 2003-04-15

Don't get too friendly with that damn Baker, you may live to regret it...

Usage

John (Jack) Hasen

forum user since 2005-01-23

Using this site was the way that I fould about the Centeral Ohio club and how to join. I have been checking in from time to time to get any updated information on activities.
Jack Hasen

Usage

Thomas T. Kipp

Well, that's why it's here. Those of us who do use it need to really sell it to our co-horts. For those going to the Superbowl Party, we need to talk the website up. Let everyone know it's where the cool kids hang out and make them jealous:)

Of course, we need to do something to distinguish ourselves so we know who uses it and who doesn't. May have lurkers who don't post. I suggest that for those who use this web forum, at club events we wear our underwear on the outside of our pants! That way we know who we are immediately. What do you guys think?:)

Tom Kipp
89 XJ-S Coupe

Usage

Jim Baker

Let's all say we will and and then let John be the only one to show up that way. I like the idea of posting updates here and as far as lurkers go, maybe track them and and fill their inbox with enlarging body parts spam. We'll talk amongst ourselves at the super bowl party. Maybe we should all wear funny hats to distinguish ourselves. We know McFoo has some.

Usage

Thomas T. Kipp

Well, I think it's a great idea. If Batman and Superman can look cool and get the girls wearing their underwear on the outside, what do we have to lose. Wait...we need capes too!

Tom Kipp
89 XJ-S Coupe

Usage

Bob Higgs
Ottawa Jaguar Club *

forum user since 2004-11-20

Up to your old tricks eh Tom. Thought I would pay a visit and see what your club is all about seeing as I ma clubless right now. Rejected again.

Bob.
92 Ser III V-12 VDP Black Cherry
87 Ser III V-12 VDP
86 Ser III AJ6 Sovereign
85 Ser III XJ6/VDP

Usage

Thomas T. Kipp

Well Bob, unfortunately our little chat room isn't used too much. In our current newsletter, I advertised it more to try and get more folks involved. If ya like, send me your address offline and I'll send you our current newsletter. I just sent them out yesterday. It's a big one too. Has all the area events listed. Of course, the cover photo had to be edited but someone who will remain nameless was giving me the bird when I snapped the shot. I think I seamlessly fixed the problem.

As to our other internet hangout, well, I'm not going to let the current issue effect what I post anymore. To heck with certain folks. Time we stop worrying about what everybody else thinks, especially considering some of the folks we are dealing with.

Tom Kipp
89 XJ-S Coupe

Usage

Jim Baker

I want to commend you on the newsletter. Except for that picture mistake on the cover it was one fine issue. I enjoyed most of very much. Forgot the May 15th show in the calendar section though. We should get a pretty good turnout if the weather doesn't screw with us.

Usage

Pascal Gademer
South Florida Jaguar Club *

forum user since 2002-10-27

Jim, Tom

the club forums have been around for a while but aren't used much...

btw, i noticed that your club website (as listed on your club pae) goes to a dead link... why don't don't you just use the built in club sites tru JCNA.com... easy to update, includes everytin needed includin events, newsletter, articles, annoucements, etc... i've just redesined the club home pages and they are really nice... check out ours at the link below...

Pascal Gademer
South Florida Jaguar Club
JCNA webmaster

Usage

Thomas T. Kipp

I'l look into that. Didn't know that was available. We've been wanting to put the newsletter online but so far no luck being able to make it a PDF. All the programs folks have recommended I can't get to work, and I can't really afford or justify the purchase the Adobe stuff just for one newsletter we issue 6 times a year. Thanks for the heads up though and see if we can build something for a web page.

Tom Kipp
89 XJ-S Coupe

Usage

Jim Baker

Pascal,
I really would like to get a club website up and running and this seems to be a great way to do it. The problem is getting someone to watch it and update it as necessary. I would be happy to do it but I am not that sure how to go about it. It is a good way for getting information out there and for others to contact the club about events. You do a great job with this site and other clubs have some very well done sites also, but just where to start and what to include seems to be holding us back. The one we had was started years ago and has since fell through. This is something we have to work on.

Usage

Pascal Gademer
South Florida Jaguar Club *

forum user since 2002-10-27

Tom

you can convert your newsletter (or any docuemnt like concours flyer, etc...) to PDF for FREE using freeware. That's what most clubs do...

see the club help page for details on downloading the software and how to do it. it's REAL easy... www.jcna.com/php/clubhelp.html

Jim

I've set up your site, check it out. i've also transfered your upcoming events into the official calendar which is where they should be. Some where missing details like contact, location, etc... you may want to update them

to update events, login, then go to calendar page and click that event EDIT link. you must be logged in to see the edit link.

Other text on your home page is uptable from the club datapage

also, you can upload your own articles and images to build a library of past events, these appear onyour home page along with a thumbanil. it's also very easy, all you need is plain text file and the pictures... it's done from you mainclub menu after your login (content manager). any article on club event, tech, etc...

it's all set up to be updated without using HTML, programs, etc.. all by online form.

any question, just ask...

pascal