Jaguar Clubs of North AmericaJCNA Home
- JCNA Slalom Forum -

IJC first Slalom

Daniel P Cusick
Illinois Jaguar Club *

forum user since 2008-09-04

Lets try this again

we are planning on trying our first Slalom July 29th 2011.
would like some help/input on organizing and running this event.This will be tied to our E-type Extravaganza weekend with concours and photo shoot. Any and all input will be welcome. such as Slalom School clarification.

thanks in advance

Dan

Daniel P Cusick
1994 XJS Conv.
1964 E-type FHC
2010 XF

IJC first Slalom

Dick Maury
North Georgia Jaguar Club *

forum user since 2006-09-17

Congratulations on holding your first slalom. A few issues back in the Jaguar Journal was a writeup on the slalom. Also, the Challenge Championship in Dublin,Ohio is a few weeks before your event. I will be putting on the slalom part of the event. If you plan to attend, you are welcome to help and ask a lot of questions.

Dick Maury, Rebuild Department, Coventry West, JCNA President

IJC first Slalom

Art Dickenson
Pacific Jaguar Enthusiasts Group *

forum user since 2003-06-01

Hi Daniel,
several years ago when I was National Chair, I proposed the addition of a slalom school......... This had already been a feature of the LA Jag Club I believe who held their slaloms @ California Speedway in Fontana........... I went down with my car and saw what was happening and felt it was a good was to run the event.........
The school was run by the best JCNA slalom people out there basically, showing the newcomers how to navigate through the many cones on track........no times were recorded in the school, around noon they broke for lunch ( included in the entry fee ) . After lunch the timed runs commenced and the scores were recorded.......... At the end of the day the Awards were handed out........
I therefore attended the next AGM with the proposal that this kind of a total event be entrenched in the slalom rules..........Bill Stritenberger applauded the motion , especially as it was his club that had started the idea, which at the time was a kind of grey area.......
So that is it , if you need more info please feel free to call me any time ( up to 9 PM Pacific )
and best wishes, Art Dickenson,
604 465 7244.......

1983 XJS GT 6.0 "Silver"
1989 XJS GT
1990 XJS Convertible.
2002 X Type 3.0 Litre Sport.
2 Kawasa

IJC first Slalom

Dick Maury
North Georgia Jaguar Club *

forum user since 2006-09-17

Art, really like that picture. I bow to your experience. I have never see 4 cones knocked down in a neat row like that. I need more practice! ;-)

Dick Maury, Rebuild Department, Coventry West, JCNA President

IJC first Slalom

Art Dickenson

The real trick is to have the end one come down in the right position.........long story.......but can happen.

1983 XJS GT 6.0 "Silver"
1989 XJS GT
1990 XJS Convertible.
2 Kawasa

IJC first Slalom

Daniel P Cusick
Illinois Jaguar Club *

Thanks Dick & Art

this being the first time I'm sure we don't have any of the best around to teach the School.
That being said a nearby clubs member has volunteered to help. He has run the porsche club slalom before. As it is now I will be coming out to Dublin next year, but only planned on the Concours. It being two weeks before our show, and with plenty of things to do for ours, time is limited. If you feel inclined to make a trip to the Chicago area your more than welcome. We sent out surveys and have around 25 people interested in trying it out. Looking at past results this maybe a bit more than the rookies can handle. I will be in touch with both of you for advise.

Thanks

Dan

Daniel P Cusick
1994 XJS Conv.
1964 E-type FHC
2010 XF

IJC first Slalom

Art Dickenson

Hey if you guy's have acomodations for a couple of night;s in your area.......... I might just be tempted to come and help ............
Best Wishes.........Art

1983 XJS GT 6.0 "Silver"
1989 XJS GT
1990 XJS Convertible.
2 Kawasa

IJC first Slalom

Daniel P Cusick
Illinois Jaguar Club *

Art

We'd love to have you come. Plenty of rooms at the resort ( Pheasant Run, St Charles IL)
Just waiting on the sanction for the weekend events. I'll send you the details as we finalize the plans. Hoping to have that soon.

Dick your invited also, your E-type would look nice in the photo shoot on Sunday !
Thanks
Dan

Daniel P Cusick
1994 XJS Conv.
1964 E-type FHC
2010 XF

LEGAL NOTICES

copyright 2002-2008 JAGUAR CLUBS OF NORTH AMERICA, INC.