- Editor and Webmaster Help Forum -

Re: Everybody: My first Newsletter is ready for pr

Pascal Gademer

forum user since

I love your enthusiasm ! reminds me of your video clip when you first fired your E-type !

I look forward reading it ! Thks for mentioning our own Cat's Meow but I must say that there are many great newsletters out there some I've never seen unfortunately.

Speaking of which, it's actually too bad that some editors still do not mail out theirs to other clubs. We mail ours to all clubs but only get maybe 10 in the mail... The more we share, the more our members will benefit !

Ginger, I hope you will be on the field at Amelia Island March 11 shooting away at the best cars, including many Jaguars. Also, in the week following Amelia, the Forza Amelia vintage rally will be crisscrossing central Florida inlc an overnight stop at Mt Dora... watch out for a silver 2+2...

Pascal

Pascal

Ginger

forum user since

Pascal,

That first video was a memorable moment, for sure.

As far as Amelia Island, I might not be there, so you better let me have a couple of your photos and a little write up for my newsletter.

Today, I'm sick with the flu. I feel like cr*p. Not much of that enthusiasm you expect from me. Mostly irritable. Waaahh. :'-(

May cause a slight delay in getting the newsletter to Kinko's as I have to wait until I can drive without passing out from fever!

Ginger

Pascal Gademer

forum user since

that clip was inspiring.. watch out for one from me soon when I get my car back, hopefully on... ahhh got to call the bloody body shop again....

Did you try to use the Kinko prep tool ? it's on the Kinko web site, installs as a printer driver, real easy and writes your work in a file that you can review before printing. No font or image surprise, give them the file and they print digitally. much better quality.

When the file is small enough ( not for the newsletter unfortunately ) I Email it to them with instructions to save the trip.

hope you get better !

Pascal

Tom

forum user since

Oh yes, something to remember if you are handing them the disk to print from... save the fonts with the file. They may not have the same fonts or their version of a font may look different than yours.

Ginger

forum user since

Thanks, Tom,

I'm glad you reminded me because that's important! I looked and the fonts were already embedded. You must have thought of that when you made up the format.

The Newsletter is now saved to a Zip disk and I will contact my local Kinko's when I get over this *dern* flu. It would be nice to have it printed from file instead of photocopied. That way, you can appreciate the subtle nuances of shading I have cleverly utilized in text and graphics.

Sniff# Cough%^ Hack (*#

Ginger

Tom

forum user since

What I did was to take the zip disk over to Kinkos and rent one of the PCs for 10 minutes to print out "Masters" on their commerial LaserJet printer. Though nobody expects you to go through the extra effort, the club will pay for the cost... just have it added to the printing fee. When Dan was editor, he ran off masters on his printer at home. If you got the file box from him, you should have in it a few of the "master" I printed to make my issues.