Replacement for pop-rivets: drive rivets

Started By: Henry Selick on 2017-04-16 00:00:00

I know the tricks for installing parts with pop rivets in tight spaces but those weren't enough when I went to install the drain shrouds on the doors of my '66 E-type coupe. Did a deep search on the internet and discovered something called "drive rivets." Am I the last person on earth to know about these? Package arrived and they are a miracle! Not only do you not have to worry about scraping paint when forcing a too-wide rivet tool into place, you also don't have to worry about the tool slipping and scratching paint when it cuts the mandrel off! Insert, tap down the mandrel, and the job is done. Here's the link:


Hi Henry,

Thanks for sharing that those look pretty cool.
I have it book marked now.
Best Regards