UPDATE - Annual General Meeting Cancelled
Based on the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus and the decisions of numerous large organizations, to include the US Government, professional and amateur sports organizations and commercial businesses, to suspend scheduled events and large gathering, JCNA has decided to cancel the 2020 Annual General Meeting in Las Vegas.
This decision was not reached lightly and is based solely on concerns for our JCNA members and their family’s welfare. The factors that went into this decision are:
- Many of the attendees are in the higher risk category as described by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Elimination of the chance that attendees will be exposed to the virus if they attend the AGM and carry it back to their families and communities.
- A small number of attendees would have reduced the effectiveness of the sessions.
- The number of venue and entertainment closures in Las Vegas, plus threat awareness would have limited enjoyment of our event by attendees and any companions.
For most attendees who will not attend the AGM next week:
- Cancel your Harrah's hotel reservation at least 3 days before your planned arrival date. It is your responsibility to call Harrah's at 800-214-9110 to cancel your reservation.
- If you have made an airline reservation, you should contact the airline or your travel agent to find out if your fare is refundable or re-usable. Many airlines are permitting travelers to reschedule their flights for up to a year. If you have purchased travel insurance policy, consider making a claim if appropriate.
- You may request a refund of your AGM session/event fees by sending an email to Deanie Kennedy and JCNA President, Les Hamilton. JCNA will review the requests and the situation and determine what fees can be returned. As entry fees were already committed, we cannot provide a definitive answer at this time but will do so as soon as possible.
JCNA would like to recognize and thank Deanie and Steve Kennedy, the Rocky Mountain Jaguar Club and JCNA Secretary, Bob Matejek for all the time and effort they have expended organizing this event.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding and additional updates will be posted on the website.