Hello again,
First of all I want to thank you all for the great response to my original posting regarding the subject car. I did not pay a premium for the car based on the story told to me by the previous owner. However, I did deside to buy this car over another for 2 reasons: 1)I hoped that the story would prove true, and 2) I also want to restore a car to as new condition and I really liked the unusual combination of the opalescent bronze exterior with red interior. I should mention that I have known the car and the owner for the past 22 years. And for the past 22 years the story has been the same. But, even if it turns out that this was not the display car from the 1962 show, I am still happy with it, it is an early car, it is complete including the tool kit, and it is a car worth restoring. I will continue to research the history of the the car (in hopes) and will post my findings. My request for help is still valid. If anyone has any information regarding the display cars at the 1962 New York auto show, I would greatly appreciate it.
I am sure that this will not be my last request for help.
Thanks again.

Bill Berman.
1962 & 1968 FHC.

Submitted by NE52-32043 on Thu, 08/21/2003 - 15:26

Bill,

Regardless of whether the car is the "show" car or not, it truly sounds like a great car. Best of luck with it. Please do keep us up to date on the restoration (post some pictures to the Gallery of your new baby!!) as well as the research on the auto show.

Regards,
Steve Weinstein