Good morning

It looks like my driver side fuse operating the front seat just blew out. Can some one help me locating this fuse?

Thank you

Michel

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Sun, 09/14/2014 - 14:03

The fill plug is at the top of the pump reservoir. A 9/16" wrench will remove the plug.
I use a big basting syringe with a small hose on it to add fluid while the pump is still mounted in the quarter. Otherwise the pump must be removed and pulled out to access.

Cheers,

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Fri, 09/12/2014 - 11:07

Since the top moves, but not the quarterlights, check three fuses in the boot fusebox:

#1 - 5A
#12 - 20A
#20 - 20A

Adjacent to the boot fusebox is a row of relays. In that row are two pairs of half-size relays. These are the rear glass up/down relays, a pair for each glass. Could be a problem there, but it would have to be a compound failure. Possible, but unlikely.

You can add hydraulic fluid. Just be sure to get the right stuff. Jaguar part number is JLM21112 for a liter can.

I would look the hydraulic system over for leaks if the level is down. With the top down, you can look in the quarters and see if it looks like the lift cylinders are leaking. Also look around the pump in the boot for evidence of leakage.

Cheers,

Submitted by michel@dinomar… on Thu, 09/11/2014 - 12:29

Thank you, done and all is working like it should.

I have a question for you!

I am looking to buy another 2000 and the hood retract very slowly and the rear windows are staying up! Not opening!
Is there a switch hidden somewhere that makes them stay in place, or there is a problem? The hood is moving up slowly, it looks like fluid is needed. Can any one put some fluid there or should it be done by a mechanics only?

Thank you in advance for your anticipated help

Regards

Michel