Good morning;

I'm wondering if anyone has removed the two resonators from the exhaust system and what, if anything, it does to the exhaust tone and if there's any noticeable performance change?

Submitted by Davis1113 on Sun, 03/13/2016 - 21:17

I have a 2003 XKR with a 4.2. The car had a total of 5 resonators and couldn't make-up its mind if it was a sports car or lux car. After giving it much thought, I had 4 of the resonators removed by a local muffler shop; we removed the 2 rear resonators and the 2 mid section ones but left the one in the front, I didn't have to add anything, just replaced the missing resonators with stainless steel pipe and I panted the new pipe with black heat resistant paint so you don't even know their missing. In short; I "LOVE" THE NEW SOUND; the car is so much more fun to drive now and it now sounds the way it should. One great plus I wasn't expecting was that the car's performance was greatly improved; its faster/quicker in both its starts off the line and on the road. When idling, the car has only a very low/quite rumble but roars like a lion when you put your foot down. Would I do it again; YES you bet I would! I'm really enjoying my new/old JAG!