To correct any misconception about classes at the 2003 Challenge Championship, I state that the following classes will be included:

Champion Class:
JCNA judging includes Mechanicals, (electricalsreally!) Boot, Engine compartment, Interior, and Exterior. Trophies will be presented to class winners at the Sunday eve. Gala awards banquet.

Driven Class:
JCNA judging includes Mechanicals, Interior, and Exterior. Trophies will be presented to class winners the Sunday eve. Gala awards banquet.

Display Class:
This class is provided for those not wishing to be judged or to win a trophy, but desiring to show their pride in owning a Jaguar.

No "For Sale" class will be included.

Further, we welcome all JCNA members and spectators to be part of the event. You may register and attend any or all ov the activities of which this event is comprised.

I hope this clears up any questions.

Submitted by pascal@jcna.com on Fri, 01/31/2003 - 13:52

no, no ranking, just listed at the bottom, in random order... Just DISP as a class, no rankings, score 0. but their part of the show and should be acknowledge. Doesn't have to be a rule or anything just courtesy.

JCOF had a 220 at their event, in 2001 we had an XJR15, etc.... special cars taht deserve to be listed.

see the link below to our concours results, display at the bottom

Pascal Gademer
SFJC

Submitted by SW03-09811 on Fri, 01/31/2003 - 13:43

Pascal,
I thinks it's a nice idea to acknowledge those who have been willing to support an event by bringing their cars for "Display".
However, your idea that Display cars be included in the results of a concours suggests that they will have been assigned some sort of ranking.
I'm not aware that there was any expectation of Display cars being judged, other than possible "People's choice".
How, otherwise, would one list the "results" of cars in Display other than by year or alphabetically by owner?

Dick Cavicke
Chief Judge, 2003 Challenge Championship

Submitted by pascal@jcna.com on Fri, 01/31/2003 - 12:33

I'd like to remind all concours chair that Display entrants also deserve to be included in results ! the online scoring system does allow this by putting DSP as a class. Display is listed after Driven division.

Pascal Gademer
72 E-type 2+2
00 XKRCoupe
99 XJR