Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Sun, 06/17/2018 - 08:27

We were driving the car down the interstate this past Friday and when I pushed the set button, it would not set. The message center would give me the speed limiter indication it was on but after removing my foot off the gas pedal the car would decrease in speed like the cruise was not engaged. It cancels and clears on the message center but will not engage. What is the correct way to set my cruise? I know some are a little tricky but I tried several different techniques to set it but no luck. This is my first post. I’m new to the forum. I do the majority of the mechanical work myself. Your help would be appreciated.

Submitted by NW41-64958 on Fri, 09/06/2019 - 16:48

You asked the question months ago, so maybe you've gotten the answer already. I fought with this when I drove my 2005 XK8 for the first time. The "speed limiter" switch by the shift lever doesn't have anything to do with the cruise control. It's for giving you a warning when you've exceeded a pre-set (by you) speed, as when you don't want to go over the speed limit. The CC doesn't have an "on-off" switch like most American cars; it's always "on". You just need to push "set" to start CC operation. The set speed value is lost when the ignition is turned off. Hope this helps.