I have 2008 X-type, and need to do the rear brake rotors and pads. I removed the rear wheels to get started, but it looks like the parking brake is integrated with the disc brakes, and you can't simply unbolt the calipers and brackets like the fronts in order to remove the rotors and pads.

First Question -- Is this a DIY job, or should I take it to a mechanic or dealer? If it is in the realm of DIY, is there a write-up available on how to do this for the rears? I saw the step-by-step for the fronts, which were easy. Just wonder if there is a similar write-up for the rears.

Thanks,
Steve

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 11/09/2016 - 00:16

I've been surfing online more than 2 hours today,

yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me.

In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made good content

as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever

before.

Also visit my web-site parking">http://Www.Kashmirtv.tv/2014/02/03/aside-post-type/">parking Experience

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Mon, 01/28/2013 - 11:35

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, the X-Type is sort of our odd-ball. Yes, the parking brake is an integral mechanism in each rear caliper. It does require a tool to retract the piston for pad replacement. It is also the only car Jag built with this type of Park Brake that requires a different tool for EACH SIDE. One tool is needed for the right side, and all the other cars; but the left side of an X-Type requires a LEFT-HANDED thread tool to retract the piston.

Go figure.......

Might be best to leave this one to someone with the correct tools.

Good luck!