This announcement is not an easy one nor the decision to make it. Steve Kennedy has been polling the delegates and clubs to get the Mexico club a count on attendance for the upcoming AGM. As such, besides the board of directors, there are 8 (eight) that have said they would attend. Besides the board, there are other key people that are not going to be able to make it. Because of this, it is not what I would consider a viable AGM. 8 people out of close to 6000 members is not enough to properly represent the various clubs.
We are opening the opportunity up to the other clubs to host the 2013 AGM. The time is short so planning it needs to start soon. Any club that is interested needs to submit a plan to me, dmauryatjcna.com by the end of this month (July). If more than one club has a presentation, I will present the results and the clubs can send in their preference. At the end of the month, an announcement will be sent out so you and your club can plan with the new arrangements.

Submitted by rcmaury@bellso… on Fri, 07/13/2012 - 20:46

The total count including Board Members that have committed to going was 18. The Mexico club needed a count to obligate for rooms, catering, tours and the like. They could not wait until February. I realize that a lot of members plan at the last minute so we polled everyone that was at Phoenix (Chandler) and also all of the clubs to see who was planning on going. If no, we asked if anyone else from their club was going or was willing to go. How big of an event would Phoenix have been if only 18 people turned out and you were planning on 200+. So as the count goes, 18 yes votes (includes board), one maybe and the rest no. There are 11 clubs/delegates that we cannot get a response out of at this time. That is a lot of no votes if you have a question about it. As this event was a bit out of the ordinary, more planning was necessary in advance. A positive NO is no. A most likely or yes might change to no and there might be others that plan at the last minute. I am just not that much of a risk taker and don't want to take the risk for JCNA. As mentioned, not an easy decision but one I felt best for JCNA at this time.

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Fri, 07/13/2012 - 17:03

Mark you are addressing Dick like he is making this decision without doing his research--he has as has Steve. I fully supported the AGM in MC and even got a passport for my son and started a Rosetta Stone deal! Simple fact is Dick was unwilling to put the Mexico club in a financially dangerous position and although folks said they would attend they now say no. Dick could have held an AGM with half of the board and a ton of proxies spread out over 20 folks or so--how do you think that would have been received? I tend to agree with you that it would have been a hoot but then again I tend not to want to be that comfortable at times. Mark your post suggests Dick has made this decision on the fly--he has not and has struggled with all of the implications of it. Why not send a private e mail prior to second guessing him. I assure you he did not make the decision on his own but he is providing inspiring leadership by accepting the decision as his!

Submitted by mark1mark@jagu… on Fri, 07/13/2012 - 16:00

Dick,

You have at least two from JCCA, correct? I believe there are at least 4 members planning to attend from our club, although only two can be delegates.

That count doesn't make sense. There are something like 15 Board members. Board members can also be delegates. Are you saying that not even half of them are committing to attend? This is the same time as their concours, and they get at least 8 judges from North of the Border to help out. Tom Krefetz has been a huge cheerleader for their concours and if it didn't fall at tax time, I'd have been down there at least once. One of our members went last year and is still raving about it.

JCNA members have never been a group known to commit early for anything. If you were to ask me if I was going to anything nine months in advance, I would be very hesitant to commit.

If you're saying that out of 15 board members and 126 possible delegates from , something like 133 of them said absolutely no, then we'd need to consider moving the AGM. But if they just hadn't found someone, or couldn't say for sure if they were going, I think JCNA should leave things the way they are.

Based on feedback from past events, I fully expect that the Mexico City event will be the AGM of a lifetime. I hate to say it, but all around, it will likely top what we did in Phoenix last year.