The dash air bag warning light comes on about 1 min. after starting, flashes 2 times, repeats this pattern 5 times, pauses, then stays on.

Submitted by deheagy@yahoo.com on Mon, 02/10/2014 - 16:56

update: dealer first said air bag needs to be replaced $2,100. I asked for fault code and if there is physical damage to harness, connection or pins. Told they did not look it code is B2295 - 29
To replace harness $395 (4 hours labor to remove seat and weather) So this forum and asking questions brought $ down. I wonder if the air bag SRS is covered by warrranty? (63K miles 2003)

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Wed, 01/22/2014 - 12:06

That fault is related to the side impact air bag in the driver seat. The yellow connector you saw is in another circuit. The fault will likely return, and is most likely related to movement of the seat fore/aft, or YOUR movement in the seat. The connection to check is on the bottom of the seat track next door to the larger gray connector for the power seat circuits. It gets flexed back and forth as the seat moves and sometimes fractures or breaks. There is also a possibility a wire has been chafed inside the seat, where it passes through the structure. Your movement in the seat can cause a momentary ground-out and set a fault.

Getting into that seat is tedious and problematic, if you don't know how the seat and covers are put together. Might be a chore for our dealer friends.

Good luck!

Submitted by deheagy@yahoo.com on Tue, 01/21/2014 - 13:14

It is a 2003 XK8 coupe
I think you're right about the 22.
I found a yellow connector behind the driver's bottom of the seat back, where it meets the seat. I pressed it to check the connection (it was not loose) but the signal did not reappear. I'll wait and check it tomorrow.

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Tue, 01/21/2014 - 12:17

David,

I suspect you have the number of repeats incorrect. The telltale is flashing a code to indicate a circuit it has registered a fault in. The code will be two digits, and will repeat three times, pause, then the light will stay on. I suspect it is showing you 22, three times, then staying on.

The first thing I need is to confirm the exact model year. The post title says 'xk8 200'. The true model year is critical here.

Cheers,

Submitted by SE21-33540J on Sun, 01/19/2014 - 21:52

David,

I experienced the same problem with my XKR. I found a gray plastic box attached under the drivers seat that had come loose. I tightened the screws that secured it to the seat and the problem was solved. I really don't know how they were related unless that is a side impact sensor that lost it's ground due to being loose.