Hi everyone!

I bought my 2013 XF new and at 4600 miles, the check engine light came on. I took it in and it originally turned out that there was a faulty gasket to the intercooler from the factory. This caused my car to be really slow because one of the turbos wasn't working. They replaced it and the light was still on...

I took it back in and now the service manager is telling me the computer is faulty and that they need to change it.

This is a brand new car!!??! Anybody else hear of a similar issue or have any good advice?

Thanks for your time.

Submitted by stevejag@sbcgl… on Wed, 10/16/2013 - 21:59

Hi Sam,

I'd actually be more surprised if you told me your car was three years old and this happened. It's just the nature of electrical devices. From CPU's to light bulbs, if an electrical device is going to fail, it will usually do so early on, or after a good long time.
Think about this:
Have you ever had a new store, for instance, open up near you and three weeks later you drive by and the fancy new sign has some lights burned out. Then you chuckle to yourself and think, geez, that store just opened and already the sign is out. Same principle. They fix the lights and they are good for years.

I wouldn't fret too much about this incident. Let them replace the module and you too will most likely be good for years. I can tell you from personal experience, I've seen that movie numerous times over the years.

Enjoy your XF!