I recently purchased a "NEW" book -B. Vart's "The Jaguar XK-140 Explored" -from the JCNA Shoppe -and I can not adequately express what a GREAT book it is !! (With over 2000 drawings in GREAT detail of ALL parts of the XK-140-with detailed explaination of the differences of the OTS, DHC, and FHC (including model-year variances) in a 446 page "Hard-back" book. The "blow-up" drawlings are superb and explainations detailed.
I have many other books in my Library which I have used as a "referance" for attempting to get my XK-140 OTS up to Concours originality -Including the JCNA published- "The Spare Parts Catalogue for the XK. 140"; the JCNA publiication of "The Jaguar XK-140" -(approved at the 34th AGM -1992); A.D. Clausager's book "The Jaguar XK-140 / 150 In Detail"; and Porter's book "Original Jaguar XK"; as well as Steve Kennedy's book "Jaguar - the Classic Marque", and NONE of them have the detail available on the XK-140 that this book has. If you are restoring, or improving an XK-140 to Concours "Originality", THIS IS THE BOOK YOU MUST HAVE in your Library !! (Thank you, George!!)

Submitted by SE98-32482CJ on Tue, 12/28/2010 - 20:35

It is a great work Jerry and thanks for the kind words. I would say that the BOD of JCNA has seen fit to support all of the "New Shoppe" efforts in books as well as regalia which Steve Kennedy handles. Thank them for making the decision to expand the offerings and services to the members of JCNA--and if you like it so far please feel free to say why--further if you (everyone) has an idea or suggestion please e mail it to us. Jerry thanks for your comments.