Edited on 2014-03-30 23:00:03

Owner of a recently purchased convertible. Proud, I might add.

Anyway, I have searched all of the listed XK8 post and have found nothing that addresses this issue.

Windows. All the window's work as they are susposed to---at least until this afternoon. When I opened the door, the window dropped the 1/4 inch or so as it should, but once inside and shutting the door, I noticed the window did not return to close as it should. When I opened the door to do it all over again, it lowered about an inch and each time I pulled on the door opener, it lowered again and each time again all the way to the bottom. I tried the passenger door and the same thing happens.

Getting in the car and using the window buttons, the window open and close just as they should, to enclude the auto down feature. Just as if nothing is wrong.

Could it be that the windows have lost their programing for the opening and shutting feature and if so, is it just a simple reprograming one can do themselves? If so, How?

Any help appreciated

Garfield

05 XJ8L
05 XK8

Submitted by NE08-39896J on Sun, 03/30/2014 - 23:27

Your window programming should be like mine. Enter the car, close the doors and start it up. Depress the window button until the window lowers all the way and you hear a click. Then raise the window all the way until you hear another click. That should reprogram it.