Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 05/14/2018 - 20:34

I have a 1990 XJS V12. Was running great. Drove it about 10 miles shut it down, came back 1 hour later, started ok but noticed a little rough. Got out on the road and no power. Degraded as I drove it. Drove 2 miles, parked it shut it down for half hour. Restarted, very rough idle, no acceleration bogs, a bit of popping, back to rough idle. At the time there was a lot of smoke, appeared to be center of engine, but hard to tell. Let car sit for one day, tried again, same thing accept no smoke this time. Got a flatbed to get it back to my garage. Will be most interested in any thoughts / ideas..... Thanks for reading!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 06/14/2018 - 14:27

My primary problem was with the data link cable that ties fuel inj. computer with the ignition computer. The coax cable splices in the engine bay near the fire wall with I believe a white male/female spade connector. The wiring was brittle from heat over the years and the insulation became cracked and fell away which caused inner conductor to short to outer braided drain portion of cable.