Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 11/14/2002 - 10:13

We've recently realized -- to our great chagrin -- that the seatbelts on our coupe are completely nonfunctional. A big problem, since this is a daily driver. The fabric is dry-rotted, and the retraction mechanism (which should tighten-up on a sudden stop) does not work. I've looked thru various parts suppliers on the web, but am not finding new ones. Of course, they need to be "authentic," since we're in Concours. Anybody know of any leads, good suppliers, or DIY suggestions??

Lisa Fox
JAGSL

Submitted by warren.hansen@… on Fri, 11/15/2002 - 17:38

Lisa,

Have you tried SNG Barratt USA? For XJ6 andmodels later than about 1973 they suggest you conctact them with chassis/VIN number because of the many different types that were used.

SNG Barratt USA
92 Londonderry Turnpike
Manchester, NH 03104
Tel: 603 622 1050
Orders: 800 452 4787
e-mail: sales.usaatsngbarratt.com
Web: www.wngbarratt.com

Good luck!
Warren Hansen

Submitted by cleavefamily@c… on Fri, 11/15/2002 - 12:20

If all else fails, you may want to see if Ssnake Oyl Products (I can't help it if they can't spel), in Tyler Texas, 800-284-7777, can restore your belts. They did my E-Type's last year, but they can't restore plastic, or supply missing parts.

Stew Cleave
JOCO Chief Judge
'69 E-Type 2+2
and other LBC's

Submitted by SC20-30420CJ on Fri, 11/15/2002 - 11:12

Hi Lisa,
I need these for my 76 XJ12L. I haven't really gotten into seriously looking for them yet. You might try Pauls Jaguar. He is certainly familiar with your car. XKs Unlimited might be able to help as well. We may have to resort to using the belts for a ser 3 E-type. They wouln't be exactly correct, but I'd bet they are very close. Please post back if you get any leads on these.

John Testrake
President, Jaguar Association of Greater St. Louis