Peter:

Thanks for the note. If I don't have any luck matching the wide whitewall Dunlop RoadSpeed tire that is in the boot, I will probably get a new 54 spoke painted wire wheel and a full set of 5 radial ply wide whitewalls that look like bias ply tires. I'll set the original tire aside and mount the new tires all around. You are right about there being a few vendors that could supply a matching set of 5 new ones.

I appreciate your confirmation about the radial tires. I have heard that from quite a few sources and I am definitely going to get a set of radial ply tires for every day use. For everyday, I ordered a set of Dayton 60 spoke chrome/stainless wire wheels and I'm planning to put a set of modern 70 series, black wall, radials on the chrome wire wheels. Several members of the local club have recommended a modern Goodyear Eagle for that service.

In the mean time, I wanted to be sure I ran down the possibility of finding or having made a road tire that matches the one in the boot that could be used for shows or occasional road use.

Best Regards, Cliff

Submitted by SC38-55117 on Sat, 01/12/2019 - 17:02

What size Goodyear Eagle did they use to replace 600X16