My 1953 XK120 is new to me. It is a very original car, with original paint, original drive train, etc. It came with bias ply whitewall tires size 6.00-16. The four tires on the ground are not the original tires and they are old enough to not have date codes, so they need to be replaced.

There is a tire in the boot that is a bias ply Dunlop Road Speed 6.00-16 with a 4" whitewall. This tire appears to be an original tire that may well have never been on the ground. See photos attached.

The car was imported to the US in June 1953 through Hoffman Motor Car Co. Several very knowledgable Jaguar people have looked at he car and the tires. We believe that this car could have very possibly shipped from the factory with whitewall tires and that the tire in the boot is, most likely an original tire.

In any event, I would like to get four new tires that match the one in the boot. Dunlop makes a blackwall 6.00-16 RoadSpeed, but no whitewall, I have not been able to find a supplier that could closely match or that could vulcanize whitewall to match the tire in the boot.

I wanted to check to wee if anyone has been down this road and successfully matched the original Dunlap RoadSpeed whitewall tires.

Thanks, Cliff Lewis